Saturday, June 18, 2011

Home is Where the Sand Is

Me on the phone to a taxi driver: "Yes, behind the hotel, that is where we live. Behind the Hotel Ibis. No, not that Hotel Ibis, the other Ibis. After you pass the Ibis, make a left before the German kitchen store, down the dirt gravel road, next to the sand lot. Forget it, I'll meet you at the Ibis...hang on, I am walking there now."

Me on the phone to the pizza delivery guy: "After that dirt road ends, make a left at the next sandy road with no name, then your first right onto the dirt road." Silence. "No, it has no name either. Just follow the sand." Silence. "Forget it, I'll meet you at the Ibis...hang on, I am walking there now."






Me on the phone to the cable truck coming to install the latest digital plan: "Forget it, I'll meet you at the Ibis...hang on, I am walking there now."

No comments:

Post a Comment